With the end of the semester approaching, many students will be working on their check rides. Here are some helpful tips to do well on your check ride.
- STAY CALM!
- Study materials beforehand
- Ask your instructor questions, No question is a dumb question
- Get plenty of sleep the night before
- Have fun!
- Bring everything that you might need
- Think of it as a learning opportunity
- Use your check list
- Try again if you do not succeed
- Wear clean socks
- Have faith in yourself because your instructor believes in you
- Eat before you go
- Take a Potty break before you depart
- Voice mostly everything going on in your head about your flight to your check pilot (they like to know what and why you are doing things)
- Make yourself notes to take with you if that helps (I like to highlight things I forget in my checklist)
- Remember your air speeds (this is a big one for me…)
- Be afraid of failure, Almost everyone fails a check ride at some point in their career
- Try to cheat
- Try to lie
- Show up unprepared
- Show up stinky or in need of a shower
- Get discouraged
- Give up
- Go if you are feeling ill (trust me I learned this the hard way)
- Let someone pressure you into doing it if you are not ready
- Let someone pressure you if you are not comfortable doing it
- Forget your check list
- Eat funky foods before you go (you do not want to need to potty while you are up there)
For other helpful articles about flying, visit globalair.com!